Last fall, while I was learning all about culinary nutrition with the lovely, wise, bubbly and oh-so-knowledgeable Meghan Telpner, I was also introduced to a community of like-minded women (no offense guys, there were just no men attending the program unfortunately), all here to learn how to properly feed and educate themselves, their loved ones and/or their clients. Among them, Michelle Vodrazka, an amazing human being, CEO of 2 companies, certified fitness, yoga, pilates and spinning instructor, certified sports nutritionist and proud mother of 4. Well, I guess Michelle had a little too much time on her hand, so she also decided to become a writer and just launched her book called Smart Snacking for Sports. Being lucky enough to be among the first ones to taste some of her incredibly simple yet deliciously healthy breakfast, energy and recovery drinks, pre- and post-workout snack recipes, I felt the need to spread the word out.
Curious? Below is one of her recipe ~ Sunbutter Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ yummo!
Convinced? Get the book HERE!
Get it before July 13 using this promo code: CNE2013 and you'll save 60% off of the original retail price ~ Sweeeeeeet!
Sunbutter Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 1 1/2 c old fashioned GF rolled oats
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 banana, chopped
• 1/4 c natural sunﬂower seed butter
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 c brown rice ﬂour
• 1/4 c ground palm sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 c dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place oats and baking soda in a food processor and process until
the oats turn into a ﬂour-like consistency.
3. Add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to food
processor and blend together.
4. Place dough into a large bowl and mix in the chocolate chips by
5. Roll dough into Ping-Pong sized balls, place onto a cookie sheet
lined with parchment paper and then ﬂatten slightly with hand or
6. Bake for 12-15 mins.
7. Remove from oven and let cool.